Netflix has announced that it will be streaming a live action series based on the manga “Erased” by Kei Sanbe. The series is set to be released in winter of 2017 / 2018. The cast has already been announced and the series will debut in 190 countries. This information comes from Comic Natalie which can be found here.
The cast includes:
- Reo Uchikawa as Satoru Fujinuma (child)
- Mio Yūki (Death Note, Assassination Classroom, As the Gods Will) as Airi Katagiri
- Rinka Kakihara as Kayo Hinazuki (child)
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Gaku Yashiro
- Yūki Furukawa (Itazura na Kiss, Laughing Under the Clouds, Lychee Light Club) as Satoru Fujinuma (adult)
- Tomoka Kurotani as Sachiko Fujinuma
- Noriko Eguchi as Akemi Hinazuki
- Jin Shirasu (Happy Marriage!?) as Kenya Kobayashi (adult)
- Hidekazu Mishima as Sawada
The of the manga as per myanimelist.com is
Satoru Fujinuma is a 29-year-old who works part-time as a pizza deliveryman in order to make ends meet due to his unsuccessful career as a mangaka. But there is more to this struggling adult than meets the eye, as he possesses a mysterious ability which takes him back in time right before a life-threatening incident occurs. When “Revival,” as he calls it, triggers, it will continue to send him back again and again until he is able to save the lives of the individuals involved.
But Satoru’s life is about to take a turn for the worse when a loved one is killed by an unknown man and he is framed for the crime. Desperate to get away so that he can assess his situation, he is inexplicably sent 18 years into the past—right before the disappearance and death of his classmate, Kayo Hinazuki, an event that has plagued him since childhood.
Satoru, now an elementary school student, must get his wits together and save the young girl from an untimely demise by figuring out the identity of the person responsible. But just how is Kayo’s murder connected to the present?
Link to original article: